Surgical Art (IoM) Ltd (we, us, our) are committed to protecting personal data. This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. We will use your information strictly in accordance with all applicable law concerning the protection of personal information. Information provided will be used strictly in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information we collect
We may collect and process the personal information you provide to us:
- On completion of registration forms for our courses and bespoke training;
- When requested to be added to our email mailing list;
To assist you we may collect and hold the following:
- Your name and contact details, including telephone number, address and email address.
- Your contact preferences.
- Any additional information required to assist you.
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person.
The law recognises that certain types of information are more sensitive than others. Personal data may include sensitive personal data consisting of information as to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health or conditions, sexual life, criminal record or alleged criminal activity. We do not collect this category of personal data unless it is necessary for the delivery, evaluation or improvement of training.
All personal information not publicly available will remain confidential unless:
- You have authorised disclosure of that information. This might include information for inclusion in our testimonials, to deal with a complaint, or to comply with any legal obligation.
- You have authorised disclosure to providers of education to enable such providers to contact you directly.
We take the security of the data that we hold very seriously. Policies, procedures and training are in place covering data protection, confidentiality and security and we regularly review the measures we have in place to ensure the data that we hold remains secure.
We cannot guarantee the security of your data when sent to our site or to us. Any transmission is at your risk. Once received we use security and procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
We only retain personal information for as long as it is required. Where information is no longer required or you have requested its removal it will be disposed of, insofar as it is possible to do so.
Use of data
We may use the personal information provided by you for the following purposes:
- To ensure that your training needs are met on training courses you are attending
- To notify you of new training opportunities if you have requested these updates
- On our website, with testimonials from you, where you have agreed
- We will not pass your personal information on to a third party without your permission.
You have the right to access information we hold on you and to have any inaccurate information corrected.
You may ask us to delete your information.
You have the right to tell us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Data Controller and Contact Information
The data controller is Surgical Art (IoM) Ltd.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or how and why we process personal data, please contact the following:
9 The Millrace
Isle of Man
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement at any time. Any changes will be made available to you on our website or by contacting you direct.
In the event that you wish to make a compliant about how your personal data is being processed by us you can complain to the Isle of Man Information Commissioner.
Isle of Man Information Commissioner
P.O. Box 69
Isle of Man
IM99 1EQ T
Telephone: +44 1624 693260