Next Course: 1st & 2nd April 2017; REGISTER INTEREST
Fee: £600 (£500 for GP STs & Nurses/Nurse Trainees)
(10% discount offered when you book on more than one course or for returning candidates)
This course, designed for Primary Care Doctors and Nurses, is aimed at updating relevant Plastic Surgery subjects that will be encountered in routine practice. All grades and experience levels will benefit greatly from a bespoke and targeted training programme that spans knowledge updates and practical skills. It is ideal for those Primary Care providers wishing to develop new skills or update their existing knowledge base in the field.
Surgical-Art prides itself in using live demonstration techniques alongside interactive discussions, followed by well supported and supervised practice. This intensive, yet enjoyable, 2 day course will be delivered by experienced Consultant Plastic Surgeons who have significant expertise in the topics covered. The unique studio venue is located in the heart of Liverpool City Centre, on the historic Hope Street and is the perfect setting to partake in this informal yet structured event.
- Skin & Subcutaneous lesions (benign – malignant)
- Reconstructive surgery guidelines (from tumour – trauma – congenital aetiology)
- Cosmetic surgery guidelines/Private Practice
- Face trauma/Hand trauma/Burns
- Pressure Sores
- Hand conditions/Injections (Carpal Tunnel – Trigger thumb – Dupuytrens’s etc.)
- Minor Surgery Skills
- Basic surgical techniques
- Local Anaesthesia & Suture selection
- Excision/Biopsy of Lesions
- Excision of Cysts/Lipomas
- Minor surgery theatre set-up and visit
- Skin Graft & Local Flap (GPwSI)
- Wound assessment and dressings
- Hand assessment & injections
The minor surgery skills covered will include all aspects of dermatological surgery i.e. planning, surgical design, local anaesthesia, excision/biopsy, wound closure and reconstruction. Advanced delegates will have an opportunity to learn/refine local flap and skin graft techniques. The skills will be taught using uniquely prepared biological simulation models. The candidates will have an opportunity to be assessed using WBAs (DOP/CEX/PBA).
GPs/GPwSI/GP STs and Practice Nurses/Nurse trainees.